Monday, April 1, 2013

The AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge: Day 1

Today was Day 1 of our AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge. John and I were both pleasantly surprised that the first day was an easy adjustment as far as the changes in our diet. The booklet that came with our products has been a helpful guide to show us when to take what products. It also contains general food guidelines. 

To the left you will see the AdvoCare products we used today. First thing in the morning we drank Spark, which replaced our coffee (yes, REPLACED our coffee!!). Then we drank our fiber drinks with breakfast. Both of us chose to pack an AdvoBar Raw in our lunches today. We took our Omegaplex with our dinner tonight and we will be taking our Herbal Cleanse before bed tonight. 

As we continue with the 24 Day Challenge I am going to do my best to post a short little description of our daily activities. Some of the products we take change depending on the day of the cleanse. Also, I will note a general description of our food, energy levels, exercise, water intake, successes, and challenges.

Lindsay Day 1

Food: Kashi Wheat Cereal, a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, AdvoBar Raw, taco salad with lean ground beef, low fat sour cream, and taco sauce (no cheese). Half a flour tortilla. 

Energy Level: Good - better than average. 

Exercise: Ran 3 miles

Water Intake: Unfortunately, I didn't count this very well today. I probably drank around 64-70 ounces of water not including the Spark and fiber drink. 

Success: I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to give up my morning coffee without much of a struggle. I was also psyched that I still had a good energy level even late in the afternoon. The Spark seems to really be helping my mental focus throughout the day. 

Challenge: My biggest challenge today was eating breakfast. I am not now, nor have I ever been, much of a breakfast eater. I felt rushed this morning trying to fit it in. I think for tomorrow I am going to try to drink my Spark while I am getting around in the morning and on the way to work and then eat my breakfast and drink my fiber drink at work closer to 9 am. 

John Day 1

Food: Kashi Wheat Cereal, a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread (natural peanut butter), AdvoBar Raw, yogurt, tacos with flour torillas, lean ground beef, low fat sour cream, taco sauce, and light cheese. 

Energy Level: Normal. Energy is a struggle for John. He was actually surprised his energy levels didn't take a dip due to cutting out coffee, tea, and pop. 

Exercise: Weights (chest), Cardio 2.5 miles on elliptical

Water Intake: 100 - 120 ounces  or more. Johns generally drinks a lot of water. Today he likely drank more than usual due to cutting out coffee, tea, and pop.

Success: Cutting out coffee. And the 1/2 cup or more of sugar that goes with the coffee. 

Challenge: Drinking the fiber drink. John does not care for thick-textured beverages.



If anyone has any burning questions for us as we progress through our 24 Day Challenge please don't be shy to ask! 










0 comments:

Post a Comment