Friday, January 11, 2013

My Week in Review

My Week in Review

Happy Friday! This was my first full work week since the holidays and I am glad it is finally coming to an end!

Work was business as usual.

This was week 2 of my half marathon training schedule. I have adapted Hal Higdon's Novice 2 half marathon training schedule from 12 weeks to 18 weeks to cover the rest of the time leading up to my race on May 4th. Stretching out the schedule allows me to do most of the long run distances twice, which will hopefully build my confidence as I prepare to run the full 13.1 miles.

Side Note: I hope to have my half marathon training page up & running soon. Then you all can follow my progress and hold me accountable to keep up with my training :-)

Last night (Thursday) I missed my scheduled 3 mile training run. Why? Because I was so tired I could not drag my butt to the gym. Why? Baby boy Micah had woke up a little after midnight the night before & did not settle back down to sleep until 2:30 am. I was one tired mama yesterday! A little disappointed with myself that I missed my run, but stuff happens, right?

Still not sure if little Micah man had a nightmare or was in pain from the diaper rash he's had all week. Apparently the antibiotic he's taking for his ear infection makes his poop red & his butt sore - poor little guy.

The good news is both Micah & I slept well last night. And it's FRIDAY!

P.S. If you're eagerly awaiting the third installment of My Running and Weight Loss Journey, stay tuned. I am planning to get it posted over the weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment