Saturday, July 17, 2010

Guest Bloggers Wanted


We are leaving for vacation one week from today! And I am so ready for a vacation! This has been a busy (bi-zee!) summer. Time is just flying by. Between the pool, baseball games, and visits with grandparents; our boys have been on the move all summer long! John is not liking his job very much this summer. He is a manager in a distribution center and their warehouse is not air-conditioned! It's torture for him. And me? Well, I work at a slow-paced, cushy, desk job in a nice, air-conditioned office. Still, I am READY for a break!

Next Saturday we are packing up and driving north to South Haven Michigan - a lazy vacation town off of Lake Michigan. (The picture of the beach that you see above is an actual picture of the beach in South Haven MI!) My mom and stepdad have rented a big cottage there and we will be spending our vacation with them as well as my two stepsisters and their families. I've never been to South Haven before, but my mom and stepdad frequently go there for weekend getaways. In addition to a cottage right on the beach, there is also a 'kids club'. A place where you can drop off your kids for several hours each morning and each evening! This thrills me to no end, because this means we will be able to have some "grown-up time" during our family vacation! How cool is that?!

Here's my dilemma. I do not want to worry about blogging while we are on vacation. (And, actually, according to my mom, they may not have Wi-Fi there! I know, right? No internet!) Initially, I was prepared to post a message informing my readers that I was laying on the beach, soaking up the sun, and that I would be back soon. However, I think that would just disappoint my readers to no end. I mean, how would you survive a whole week without my stimulating blog posts, right?

Being the still kinda-sorta newbie blogger that I am; I did not know that there was a way to set up an auto-post and post a pre-written blog automatically on the date and time that I select. Thanks to all the highfalutin, fabutastic mommy bloggers that I rub elbows with every day on Twitter, I now know that setting up auto-posts is an option. (Thanks guys!) So I think I may take advantage of that and pre-write a post or two to publish while we're away. On vacation. I did mention we are leaving for vacation next week, didn't I? Can't you tell I'm excited?

Still, even with the advantageous ability to auto-post some of my own, pre-written blogs, I want to find a way to keep my readers entertained and hanging around while I'm away.

That is why I am looking for a handful of guest bloggers to help me fill in the gaps. This is how it will work. My guest blogger(s) will submit their posts to me via email by Thursday evening of this week, which is July 22nd. (If you are thinking, gee this girl sure gives people a lot of notice, please understand that this is a last minute idea from a newbie blogger just learning the ropes.) Anyways, I will use this sweet, awesome, cool auto-post thing to publish the guest posts throughout the week I am on vacation. Did I mention I am going on vacation? :)

What's in it for you? 1 million dollars. No, wait - I don't have a million dollars. But I'd like a million dollars. Let me know if you know how I can get a million dollars. Ok, ok - sidetracked again. As a guest blogger you would get 1) a warm and fuzzy feeling for helping out a friend in need, 2) the opportunity to pull in some new readers because, of course, I would promote your blog in the guest post, AND, now here's the kicker, 3) I would owe you. Yep, that's right - I would owe you. When you and yours take off to the beach for a week (or camping, or boating, or going on a cruise, or whatever) you can cash in your IOU and I will return the favor.

If you're interested send an email to NewBreedMama@yahoo.com or direct message me on twitter or even comment on this post and let me know! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you at #wineparty. I'll follow your blog and like I said, I may shoot you a guest post too.

Lindsay said...

Wow! I have gotten a tremendous response already! Thanks to all my great readers/twitterfriends/fellow mommy bloggers! I have filled up all five days AND have 2 additional volunteers that I am going to squeeze in! Since I am not opposed to "doubling up" posts on a couple days or even posting some the following week, if you are interested in guest posting please don't hesitate to let me know!

Devan @ Accustomed Chaos said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing vacation!

Post a Comment